1.21.2009

ugly sweater party

we had such a blast this year at our first annual ugly sweater party. of course no prizes were given out this year since trent and i totally would have won. except ryan may have beaten me by a string and taken second. everyone was to wear the ugliest sweater ever and bring a white elephant. hopefully we'll have more ugly sweaters next year cuz i spent way too long at d.i. looking through their sweaters to only have a few people show up in hideous tops. whatever. it was so fun and can't wait til next year to claim my prize!!
for sure the uglyiest thing EVER made

yes i found ryan's sweater at d.i., but i think i donated it years ago

my dad's white elephant winnings

4 comments:

Kent and Shan said...

yay! I never saw those pictures. They are hilarious and I'm for sure making it next year!! Rumor is the ugly sweater trophy will be grandpa's old shoes

Valerie said...

Hey Rachel, long time no see! Found your blog and was amazed! Isn't the internet great? And it's insane that you are in El Paso now! I grew up there and you in Bountiful, now you are in El Paso and I'm in Bountiful! Well, it's been a long time since I'd come visit my grandma's house and we'd play, but it looks like things are going good with you! If you get on here soon, send me a message letting me know what you're up to :) Good to see ya in blog world! (I put this on an older post by accident so ignore that, ha)

Kasey, Nicole, Lexie, and Kenzie said...

That is great! Love the sweaters! Those have got to be the best parties ever!

mare said...

what an excellent idea. ugly sweaters are the best. might as well put them to good use.