9.24.2009

it's been awhile...

since I've been on my blog. (long boring post ahead, mostly for family back home that I haven't talked to since summer and wants to know what's been going on in the Pass) so...moving on, I am debating whether I should dive into facebook since that seems to be where everyone hang's out these days. I dunno. Anyways Trent and I are back in El Paso. We had a Great summer vacation in Utah. Trent finished up his 2nd internship the middle of July and we were able to go to San Fran and St George before we moved back to the Pass. This coming spring we will be in Phoenix and Houston for Trent's last 2 internship's, then he'll graduate with his Master's and possibly a Doctorate the end of summer 2010. Hopefully UTEP will transition into a Doctorate program, we won't know for sure until the spring. Possibly by next fall we'll have a permant home in St George??
I love the weather here in El Paso. Fall and winter are actually enjoyable and I LOVE not having snow. Thus living in St George would be ideal. Our friends here are trying to convince us to stay, but we both want to be closer to family, especially since today is my nieces 2nd birthday and I'm not even there. Sorry M I love you!!
We've been busy with work, school, football and cheerleading!? Yes I am a cheer coach for a squad that cheers for a local little league football team. It's been really fun and it's testing my patience for future child rearing. I don't think I'm quite ready yet. The rest of our life is pretty routine with an occasional weekend getway. We are trying to squeeze everything we want to do down here in the next couple of months before we leave the great city of El Paso.
Other news, my mom lost another child to an out of state college last week. My little brother just started Veterinary school in Oregon. My poor mom. I love her to death and hope she doesn't die of a broken heart. Next year my little sister is graduating High School and starting college, who knows where she'll end up. At least she has her pride and joy Madi. Hopefully we'll get another one here shortly.
Trent was lucky enough to travel to Dallas to watch the BYU Oklahoma game a couple weeks ago. I know, I know, BYU, yuck, but his buddies down here are big fans and he had to take the opportunity to check out the new stadium. He said it was absolutly AMAZING!! I'm really not too surprised that he went though, if you know Trent you know he is passionate about sports. One of the many things I love about that boy.
We have a lot to look forward to in the next year & beyond and are so thankful for everyone who has let us stay with them and are willing to let us stay with them until we are done with school. We are so blessed with so many great family and friends.
And maybe I'll be seeing you on Facebook!!!!

4 comments:

Kent and Shan said...

please be my facebook friend! I missed you today too! Today I was thinking that St George is even too far...but I'll take it! It's much better than El Paso. I'll send you pics soon! I love you!

J.T. and KristaLyn said...

Yeah you should probably get on facebook, the blogging world seems to be dying.

Alexa Hill said...

Don't you DARE stay in El Paso. St. George isn't too bad, I could drive down there in a weekend, or you could just move back up to Bountiful if I am still here for college. Who knows?

Alexa Hill said...

Rachieeeee i miss you. come home. :(