1.14.2009

holiday fun for everyone...


one night while all the kids were back home for the holidays we made gingerbread houses. and by we i mean everyone but me and trent. we watched and played with madi most of the time. the houses turned out so cute and i have to say i have a very creative family. it was so nice that trent and i and my brother colin and his wife kelcey were able to come into town at the same time so we could all play and see each other. we all had a great time. hopefully we can all see each other again this summer. it's hard when your family is spread throughout the country. not to mention ryan leaving us this fall for medical school. my poor mom. my parents didn't realize all the traveling we did when we were younger would someday lead us to all leave her and my dad. but we love you guys and will always come home to visit.



someting interesting we did while everyone was in town was eat at an african resturant. 3 of my siblings have lived in africa. first my brother in law kent served his mission in ivory coast. his wife, my sister did humanitarian work in ethiopia and ghana and finally my brother ryan served his mission in mozambique africa. ps kent just got back from visiting ivory coast for 11 days and got to brush up on his french. if you have ever seen along came polly then you have seen what an african resturant is like. i didn't eat the food but everyone who did said it was good. i couldn't get past the look or texture of it. below is a picture of my parent's and what the food looked like. i think i'll stick with where colin and kelcey lived and eat chinese food.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good trip home... becky said you came to the salon, but i never saw you.

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

One of these days when you are in town, I would love to see you!

Amanda and Dallin said...

so much to comment on...
*umm i'm not sure i could do the food either.
*where is ryan going? i had know idea he was going to med school. good for him.
*does that surprise you that your family is so creative? not me!
*yeah bummer we didn't make it home. i guess settlers will have to wait. i think i might try to go home for 2-3 weeks in june. hopefully we can meet up then.